The VCA Matrix from 4ms is a playable 4x4 matrix of 16 VCAs.
Four CV or audio inputs can be routed in any amount/combination to four outputs, using the 16 CV control jacks, Level knobs, and Mute buttons.
- 4 CV/audio inputs and 4 outputs (buffered and dc-coupled)
- Full range (0Hz - 20kHz) for both Control and Signal inputs, allows for AM effects, etc.
- 16 VCA's using high quality SSM chips
- Attenuation/gain range from -100dB (mute) to 0dB (unity). Up to +20dB boost with trimpot adjustment.
- Playable surface with 16 latching Mute LED buttons, used to mute each VCA individually (Mute button disconnects Control jack and Level knob, and fully attenuates the VCA)
- LED button brightness indicates amount of attenuation and Control CV signal
- 16 Control jacks for VCA level control
- 16 Level knobs attenuate the incoming Control signals. The Level knobs act as manual level controls when nothing is plugged into the Control jack
- Exponential VCA response in low control voltage range, pseudo-log response in higher voltage range.
- "Soft Limit" effect limits gain to prevent clipping, while still responding to higher Control voltages with more "punch" and wider pulses
- Matrix Expandability: VCA Matrices can be connected to form a larger matrix using headers on the back (4x8, 8x8, 12x4, etc)
- Control Expandability: 16-pin header on back side of PCB allows an external device to control all VCAs: e.g. patch recall, patch sequencing, preset patterns such as quadrature panning, etc.
- Suitable as a 4x4 mixer, splitter, dynamic signal router, limited waveshaper, etc.
The VCA Matrix is 26HP, and 1.0 inches deep (25mm)
A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
- -12V rail: 110mA max
- +12V rail:
- 80 max with jumper selecting external 5V
- 110mA max with jumper selecting internal 5V.
- +5V rail:
- 40mA max with jumper selecting external 5V
- not used (0mA) with jumper selecting internal 5V.